Participants can join your project in a few different ways, as described in the enrollment overview. You can also invite participants by a customizable email.
To get started adding participants:
- Open your project and go to the "Add/Invite Participants" tab.
- Paste in comma-separated value (CSV) data or upload a CSV file containing the participant data. For an example CSV file with participant data field suggestions, click “Download Example CSV File” at the bottom right hand side of the page.
- Select "Preview and Send Invitations."
- Confirm the data for each participant in the invitation preview, and elect whether to enable MyDataHelps enrollment and send invitation emails. These options are described in more detail below.
- Select "Add Participants."
Enable Enrolling via MyDataHelps
By default, invited participants may enroll in the project using the MyDataHelps app. You can un-check the "Enable Enrolling via MyDataHelps" option if you want to enroll participants via a shared study device in a clinical setting.
Send Invitation Emails
"Send Invitation Email" is also checked by default when inviting participants. There are three options for sending invitation emails to participants:
- Keep the default MyDataHelps invitation email
- Create a custom email notification to be used as the invitation email
- Do not send an invitation email
To send a custom invitation email, you will first need to create an email notification. Once the notification has been published, you can add it to the "Invitation Email" field under the Enrollment Settings tab.