Participants can join your project in a few different ways, as described in the enrollment overview. You can also invite participants by a customizable email.
To get started adding participants:
- Open your project and go to the "Add/Invite Participants" tab.
- Paste in comma-separated value (CSV) data or upload a CSV file containing the participant data. For an example CSV file with participant data field suggestions, click “Download Example CSV File” at the bottom right hand side of the page.
- Select "Preview and Send Invitations."
- Confirm the data for each participant in the invitation preview, and elect whether to enable MyDataHelps enrollment and send invitation emails. These options are described in more detail below.
- Select "Add Participants."
Enable Enrolling via MyDataHelps
By default, invited participants may enroll in the project using the MyDataHelps app. You can un-check the "Enable Enrolling via MyDataHelps" option if you want to enroll participants via a shared study device in a clinical setting.
Send Invitation Emails
"Send Invitation Email" is also checked by default when inviting participants. There are three options for sending invitation emails to participants:
- Keep the default MyDataHelps invitation email
- Create a custom email notification to be used as the invitation email
- Do not send an invitation email
To send a custom invitation email, you will first need to create an email notification. Once the notification has been published, you can add it to the "Invitation Email" field under Project > Settings > General.