When your project comes to an end, or an individual participant has completed the project, you may wish to terminate specific aspects of engagement with the participant. Currently, MyDataHelps Designer supports the following actions at the end of the study:
- Stop device data sharing (stop sensor data collection) from the participant’s devices to the project (i.e. MyDataHelps platform).
- Stop SMS, email, and push notification delivery to the participant.
Table of Contents
Defining the Study End Date
To begin, you will first need to create a custom field with a data type of Date or Timestamp, which will be used to store the study end date for each participant. This date or timestamp is the point at which activity will cease. We recommend using one of the following naming conventions for this custom field:
- ParticipantEndDate: Use this if all end of project events (i.e. stopping sensor data collection, stopping notifications, etc.) should occur at the same time.
- SensorDataCollectionEndDate: Use this if multiple end of project events should occur at different times (for example, if you want to stop notifications a week before stopping sensor data collection).
Finally, you will need to determine how you will define this value for each participant (i.e. will all participants have the same end date, will the end date vary based on the enrollment date, etc.). Instructions on how to set this custom field can be found under Populating Custom Fields.
End/stop dates are not inclusive in MyDataHelps Designer. For example, an end date of January 1st, 2020 would stop activity after December 31st, 2019 at 23:59. If using a timestamp, say January 1st, 2020 at 12:00, activity would stop after January 1st, 2020 at 11:59.
End of Study Actions
Stopping Device Data Collection
Once the custom field has been created, complete the steps below to define the date as of which sensor data collection will cease.
- Navigate to the End of Project tab for your project.
- Select your newly created custom field from the drop down menu under Sensor Data Collection End Date.
- Click Save.
Ending Survey Result Collection
By default, surveys will remain available to participants unless they are completed or closed (a survey that has passed its due date will remain available, but simply displays to the participant that it is past due). To stop delivering surveys, navigate to Project's Settings > End of Project > Survey Delivery End Date and set a Custom Field formatted as a date as of which surveys will no longer be delivered. If you'd like to close remaining surveys, create a schedule to close all surveys once the project ends. Alternatively, use segment actions to close all surveys for specific participant segments.
Stopping Notification Delivery
Once the custom field has been created, complete the steps below to define the date as of which notifications will no longer be sent.
- Navigate to the End of Project for your project.
- Select your newly created custom field from the drop down menu under Notifications End Date.
- Click Save.