Apple HealthKitV2 is a data export that provides complete information on HealthKit-related data streams. The following data is exported under HealthKitV2:
- Activity Summaries: Daily data summaries; data is used for activity rings on with Apple Fitness.
- Characteristics: Data that does not typically change over time, e.g. date of birth.
- Clinical Records: Data obtained from linked medical records, e.g. immunizations.
- Electrocardiograms: Data from electrocardiograms.
- Heartbeats: Data from heartbeat readings.
- Samples: Most of the HealthKit data that is not a workout or activity, e.g. Heart Rate, Steps, Sleep, etc..
- Statistics: Daily data summary for a specific type of data element, e.g. Daily Steps.
- Workouts: Data on specific workouts and workout events, e.g. Total Energy Burned, Paused, etc..
To enable the above data exports for Apple HealthKitV2, check the CSV or JSON box for HealthKitV2 (Project > Project Settings > Data Export) and click Save.
Your team will need to be mindful of the following samples, ensuring they are removed for analysis:
- Duplicate Samples: You may see duplicate samples exported over time, typically occurring if a participant deletes and reinstalls MyDataHelps. HealthKit samples are immutable, so when doing data analysis, your team will need to remove any samples that have the same Key and ParticipantIdentifier as another sample.
- Deleted Samples: Participants may delete their HealthKit samples from their device or, occasionally, Apple Health will combine historic samples to save space, creating deleted samples. For example, consecutive step samples of 30 and 70 steps might be combined into a single step sample of 100 steps. The new 100 step sample would be delivered in the "Steps" file while the 30 and 70 step samples would be in the deleted steps file.