As your project comes to a close, it’s important to consider the final pieces of the participant experience.
What methods of enrollment will be used, and when will the enrollment period end?
- Make sure that any channels for enrollment are no longer available to participants.
- If participants are enrolling via a consent survey, we suggest publishing a new version of the consent that is a 1-step informational survey, informing the participant that the enrollment period is over.
Completing Data Collection
Will participants be asked to complete surveys?
- By default, surveys will remain available to participants unless they are completed or closed (a survey that has passed its due date will remain available, but simply displays to the participant that it is past due). To stop delivering surveys, navigate to Project Settings > End of Project > Survey Delivery End Date and set a Custom Field formated as a date as your last day to deliver surveys. If you'd like to close remaining surveys, create a schedule to close all surveys once the project ends. Alternatively, use segment actions to close all surveys for specific participant segments.
Will participants be asked to share device data?
- If the project should stop collecting sensor, or device, data after a certain date, define this by setting the “Sensor Data Collection End Date” field within the End of Project settings.
Sending Participant Notifications
Will you send notifications to participants to communicate the end of the project?
- MyDataHelps supports email, push, and text notifications to participants.
- Consider including information about project end date, any necessary follow up, etc.
What frequency or cadence will you send these notifications?
- Once you have decided on a frequency and cadence for your notification delivery, you can either use segment actions to send the notification(s) to the participants or configure a schedule to deliver the notification(s).
What date should participants stop receiving notifications?
- Ensure that participants do not receive notifications past a certain date by setting the “Notifications End Date” field within the End of Project settings.
Depending on the setup of your project, you may want to consider the following additional points.
You may wish to send different messages to participants that completed the project than participants that were withdrawn (e.g., if the project withdraws participants due to inactivity, letting them know that this was the case). You can target different participant statuses with different Segments and use Segment Actions to notify these participants
Many projects choose to use participant cohorts, and incorporate multiple waves of enrollment. If the project end date varies by participant cohort, you can utilize segments and schedules to update the participant end date (sensor data collection end and notification end) according to the cohort that the participant is associated with.
Projects Not Utilizing the MyDataHelps App
If you are not using the MyDataHelps app as part of your project (i.e., you strictly send survey URLs or notifications to participants), you may wish to send a closing informational survey or notification. This can improve the participant experience by creating awareness and providing any additional information or resources necessary.