When creating a MyDataHelps account, participants must register with either an email address or phone number, which is what they must use for login purposes. While study coordinators can update the notification email or phone number in MyDataHelps Designer, they cannot change the account email or phone number directly.
To change their account information, the participant themselves must:
- Open the MyDataHelps app or website.
- Click the menu icon in the upper right corner.
- Select Account from the menu.
- Select "Update Profile."
- Select the edit icon for the field they want to edit.
- Update their information and click Next.
- The system will send them a verification email. They must click on the link in the email to verify their new address.
If the verification email doesn't arrive, or the participant enters the wrong email address, they can click the back/cancel button to go back and try again.